What do you Mean?
Guide to columns:
- P$ = Patton $ calculation of Rotoman's projection (4x4 or 5x5)
- PK5 = Rotoman's bid limit in a standard 5x5 league
- MF5 = Mike Fenger's bid limit in a standard 5x5 league
- AP4 = Alex Patton’s bid limit in a standard 4x4 league
- CBS = prices paid in the CBS leagues this year
- LBR = prices paid in the LABR leagues
- TW = prices paid in the Tout War leagues
- PR1 = Baseball America top 100 prospects
- PR2 = Baseball Prospectus top 101 prospects
- PR3 = Keith Law top 100 prospects
- PR4 = Rotowire top 400 prospects
Rankings for the reserve draft after the auction:
- R1 = prospects who should make a big splash this season
- R2 = prospects who might make a medium splash this season
- R3 = vets and prospects who don't figure to make much of a splash ever, but could see major league playing time
- R4 = prospects whose splash is at least a year away
- R5 = prospects whose big splash is at least a year away
The numbers in the Sort column:
- 1-8 or 1-9 for hitters: expected Opening Day lineup
- 1-5 for pitchers: starting rotation
- 6-10 for pitchers: bullpen roles
- 26 for hitters: expected to be on the Opening Day roster
- 30 for hitters and pitchers: expected to open the season on the DL
- 35 for suspended players
- 40 for hitters and pitchers: expected to be on the 40-man roster (or would be if they had enough service time)
- 60 for players on the 60-day DL
- 99 for everyone else
Thus, when you sort by Team and Sort ascending, you get a detailed look at each major league team.
There are many short notes in QMemo and a few longer notes in Memo -- injuries, trade rumors, sleepers, etc. But the real purpose of these fields is to give you a place to enter your own notes (easily done on the player’s data page).
This column is empty. Because this is where you create your own bids, either starting from scratch or copying our bids or the expert league bids into the Bid column as your starting point (you do this in Data/Transfer Values, again very easily). Enter the freezes. Check the totals: if the freezes are any good, the totals will now be under your league’s budget. Add money to available players until the totals match the budget. Sort by Position and Bid descending. Print your lists. Go into your auction with total confidence.
You play in a mixed league that uses a snake draft?
No problem. Sort Mixed League by Position and Bid, and when your turn comes, pick the best available player at the position that is getting a run.